Our appointment system consists of a combination of:
- Pre-bookable nurse and HCA appointments
- Book on the day telephone assessments (please note that all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes)
- Doctor and Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) bookable only face-to-face appointments
Booking an Appointment
When you phone the surgery you will initially speak to a member of our reception team, who will place your call with the most suitable medical professional. Please be prepared to give a brief description of the reason for your call, so we can ensure that patients who require attention quickly are dealt with in the best way. All members of staff will treat your information with complete confidentially.
To book nurse or HCA appointments, please phone the surgery at any time. It is best however to phone in the afternoon, when it is quieter.
To book a telephone assessment, please phone the surgery at 8am on the day. A doctor or ANP will phone you back as soon as possible, so please keep your phone line free. Through the course of the day they may have to deal with medical emergencies, so please be patient if your callback takes a little longer. When they phone you, the doctor or ANP will assess your needs and in partnership with you, decide on the best course of action. This might include one, or a combination of, the following:
- The clinician issuing a prescription for you to collect or have delivered
- A face-to-face appointment with a doctor or ANP
- Having some blood tests carried out
- A home visit by a member of our practice team
Test Results and Telephone Advice
Blood and urine test results are available from reception after seven days. Please phone for results in the afternoon when it is quieter. In some circumstances it may be appropriate for results to be discussed with one of our doctors.
REMEMBER...all members of staﬀ will treat your information with complete confidentially.