There has been a general medical practice in Buxted since 1910. Dr Clarissa Fabre joined in 1985 and the practice then expanded to include Uckﬁeld patients as well as the surrounding villages. The surgery moved to April Cottage in 1990 and Dr David Wright joined as a partner in 1992. Dr Fabre retired in August 2017 and Dr Wright is now the senior partner.
In 2001 Buxted took over East Hoathly as a branch surgery. Dr Fiona Stewart became a partner at this time.
Dr Elizabeth Gill joined as a partner in 2010.
2012 was a major year for our practice – both surgeries moved into new premises. Buxted Medical Centre (April 2012) has 7 consulting rooms and a minor surgery suite. East Hoathly Medical Centre (August 2012) has 4 consulting rooms.